MADHYA PRADESH PARAMEDICAL COUNCIL
6th Floor, Satpura Bhawan, Bhopal
Syllabus & Guidelines
Schedule serial No. 31
Subject: - Cath Lab Technician
No. of Admission: - 0-50 Admission Per Year
Teaching faculty with minimum qualification & experience
Non-teaching state with qualification & experience
Laboratory with Equipment
2 years (24 months)
Professor Cardiology-1 Professor Cardiacthoric Surgery-1
Associate Professor Cardiacthorsic Surgery-2
Assistant Professor of Cardiology-2
Nurse B.Sc. (N)-4
Clerk cum Accountant-1
Fully established Cardiac Catheter Laboratory as per MCI norms
Lecture Hall- 2 2500 sq.ft
Demonstration- 3 1250 sq.ft each
25 room double seated 15' x 20' with kitchen, Dining rooms, toilets
Qualification & experience of teaching staff as per Medical council of India Norms.
SYLLABUS OF CATH .LAB TECHNICIAN TRAINING COUREFOR TWO YEARS
(1) Applied Anatomy, Physiology and Biochem of Cardio- vascular system. 10
(2) Cardio-vascular pharmacology. 10
(3) Elector cardiography- Electrophysiology, Einthevenrnis law 10
(4) Cardio pulmonary resuscitation 02
(5) Electricity- Power Supply system, Ohm's Law CRT. TUBE multi meter. 05
(6) Electro med, equipment standards and safety 05
(a) ECG Maintenance of minimum re4pairs
(7) Applied aspects of Ultra sound/ Doppler principles and practice. 05
(8) Defibrillator- indication, operation and indications and Precautions. 05
(9) Arrhythmia's conduction/abnormalities, pacemaker 05
(10) Stress ECG principles, methods of recording and observation. 03
(11) Holter Recording- principles, methods of recording and observations. 03 (12) Introduction to cardiac catheterization. 05
(II) CARDIACV CATHETERIZATION:
(1) Stennotic Lesions 2Hrs.
(2) Regurgitate Lesions. 2Hrs.
5. Congenital Heart Disease
(1) Acyanotic obstructive & Left to Right Shunt 4Hrs.
(2) Cyanotic CHD 3Hrs.
6. Cardiac Output 2 hrs.
7. L.V. Function assessment 1hrs.
8. Coronary Graft Angio 4 hrs.
9. Coronary Graft Angio 2 hrs.
10. Oxygen consumption calculation 2hrs.
11. Exercise and Cath 2hrs.
12. PTCA (Percutan Transmural coronary Angiography) 6 hrs.
(i) Mitral Valvuloplasty.
(ii) Aortic Valvuloplasty.
(iii) Pulmonary Valvuloplasty.
14. IABP (Intra Aortic Balloon pump) 2 hrs.
15. CPR 2 hrs.
16. Pressure recording 3hrs.
17. Care of the patient following cardiac catheterization ` 2 hrs.
18. Post Angioplaty care post valvuloplasty cares 2 hrs.
19. Pre-cath evaluation with check lists 1hrs.
20. Pre PTCA evaluation with check lists 1 hrs.
21. Pre Valvulo plasty evaluation check lists 1 hrs.
22. Emergency cardiac cath and coronary angiogram 2 hrs.
23. Permanent Pace Maker implantation after care 1 hrs.
25. Film developing/processing 2 hrs.
VI. ELECTRICITY AND ELECTROSTATICS:
(a) Simple electron theory of conduction's.
(c) The Joule. the watt.
(d) Properties of electric charge.
(f) Electronic potential/potential difference (PD).
(g) Types of AC/DC.
(h) Basic of Ac/Circuits.
3. Magnetism/Electro-magnetism/Electromagnetic induction:
(a) Magnetic poles/Fields/ flux and in flux density.
(b) Magnetic field due to a straight and circular coil wire.
(c) The AC transforme.
VII. COMPUTER SCIENCES:
(d) LOGIC DIAGRAMS:
(i) Flow charts symbols and their significance.
(ii) Variables simple variables array variables.
(D) BASIC LANGUAGES:
4.Input/output commends, assignment, if then, if then R Statements, for Next statement, GOTO, on GOTO STOP interactions, swapping, ascending and descending order also arrays DIM command.
Data Types : Integer, Real double precision
files: Data fields, records, data files, program file sequential files, random files etc.
5. (I) Basic aspects with special emphasis on applied aspects as related to medicine, electricity, sound, pressure, properties of solids and liquids and magnetism.
(V) Electronics Basic principles with special reference to applied aspects as related to medicine. 6. Basic aspects of computers and computer language. The lecture courses should cover all aspects of computers so as to enable the candidate to do simple programming
(VII) SPECIFIC TO THIS SPECIALITY:
(iv) Instrumentation and their circuits as related to the speciality. The candidate should be given training to enable him to identify the defect if any instrument goes out of order and to rectify the simple defects.
(v) The candidate should be trained in all the techniqued in the concerned specialty. He should be able to do the procedure independently and know the normal and abnormal pattern of the tests.
(vi) The candidate should be taught basic aspects of anatomy, physiology of the concerned specialty account of disease states related to various test procedures to be taught.
(IX) LIST OF PRACTICALS:
14.ECG Recording pediatrics/Adult Patient.
15. Operations, calibrations and servicing of ECG.
16. Recording of Holter/Stress ECG.
17. ECG Monitoring of Patients in ICCU.
18. Ambulatory B.P. Monitoring.
19. Operations of 2-D Echo/M.Mode Doppler and CFM system and its maintenance.
20. Operation of TEE and its maintenance.
22. Operation of blood oxymeter, ventilator and ABG Machine.
23. Operation of Tagarno and its maintenance.
24. ICCU Monitoring.
25. Control of film processing and developing.
26. Other practical in assisting in temporary Pace-Maker and Permanent Pace-Maker etc.